Tuesday, February 12, 2013

The Cold of Doooooom!

And yes, when I typed that title, in my head I was saying it with a scary eery voice.  And no, I do not think I am being overly melodramatic.  This cold has been THE WORST!

Last Saturday Harper came down with a cold, she had the cough, runny nose, feeling yucky, and a fever which spiked to 104 on Sunday night.  So Monday morning, I called the Doctor's office every 10 seconds at exactly 8am until someone answered, and Sawyer and I accompanied Harper to the Doctor.  She was actually oddly excited about going to the doctor because she's been watching Doc McStuffins lately, and then she was quite disappointed when a middle aged man came in wearing a mask and not a little girl in piggytails.

Luckily her fever came down and she just has a persistent cold that haunts her and will never leave.  Of course also on Monday, Sawyer and I started getting it, and it just stayed and got worse, I even took a couple of days off from working, kinda, and I even took naps, WHAT!?! I know! Crazy.  And I made my super duper homemade chicken soup with 89 different vegetables and we still didn't get better.  Then this weekend Ryan started getting sick UGH!  On Monday, Harper, Sawyer and I went to the Doctor again (side note, the nurse thought the girls had the cutest first/middle name combos), and Harper still just has a cold, but Sawyer and I were like "We see your cold, and we raise you bronchitis!" and Harper was like "Ummm... no, you guys are crazy, I fold."

So Sawyer and I are on meds, and as I write this Harper is climbing on her chair, to her table and then flipping over the back of the couch, which probably I should not let her do, but even though she is still cold-ish, she seems to be acting fine obviously.   Annnd now my baby is crying OH, because also she was like, "Also I think I will finally cut some teeth and make this bronchitis extra delightful".   I hope the Cold of Doooooom does not strike your house, because it won't ever leave and you will go through 15 boxes of tissues!!!!

I don't really have a lot of pictures of my sick kids, cause crazy enough they are not all about it... but I do have these...


Sawyer Belle is pretty much the tiredest, which is understandable

Harper at her first Dr. visit, she was singing "Time for my check up!"

Harper wanted to read to Sawyer, I just thought it was cute



No comments:

Post a Comment