Friday, March 30, 2012

The crazy quick birth of Sawyer Belle!

Oh my word, could our 2 birthing experiences be any more different?  With Harper I got induced around 11 am due to Pre-E.  Not a whole lot happened until around 10 when my water broke, then it was pretty intense, got an epidural, pushed for 2 hours... she came out at 5:30 am.  Sawyer's was so different...

After having contractions and false labor for a few weeks, she surprised us all and didn't come early.  So we were set to get induced on Monday, so Sunday evening we made sure everything was ready and went to bed early, because we were supposed to be at the hospital by 5:15am.  At around 9:30, I thought maybe my water was leaking, and maybe I was having contractions about 6 minutes apart... but I didn't say anything, I figured we were going to be at the hospital so early, I'd just wait it out.  Around 10:30 I got up to go to the bathroom and whoops... it was my water because it just broke the rest of the way and I just stood there with my mom and Ryan asking what to do and I couldn't get over the fact that my pants were all wet.  So I decided to hop in the shower real quick, by the time I got out, my contractions were about 3 minutes apart and I had to stop and breathe through them, so we throw everything in the car, and head in to the hospital while my mom gets Harper up and calls my sister in law, Cherie to come get her.  we check in around 11:45, the nurse takes FOREVER asking really stupid questions, and I just suffer in silence and do what I can to deal with the labor, I'm pretty sure I hear her tell some other nurse that we are just taking our time getting her ready for the epidural... and in my head I want to punch her in the face.  Finally the epidural dude gets there (notice I haven't mentioned being checked yet for how far along I am yet??)  So it takes forever, and so far, this is the worst part, trying to sit there while this doofus digs around in my back and makes a couple of attempts, then finally gets it in, I think I hear the doofus mention something is wrong with the epidural machine.  They have me lay down and all of a sudden I can't not push, so FINALLY the nurse thinks maybe its about time she checks me, and sees how far along I am... "Oh, there's the head, oh, and you are 10"  All of a sudden there are doctors and nurses and 5 minutes of pushing later, at 1:47 am, there is 8lbs 2oz, 21.75in of baby handed to me... which I'm still pretty much in shock, because my labor really just started 3 hours ago, and I just delivered unmedicated... even though I had to suffer through that whole epidural nonsense (we aren't too happy about that whole didn't check me first thing), also I am the least tough person ever... 

Any who, really it went great (except that one part).  It was quick, not painless... but I survived.  And we were out of the hospital 22 hours after my labor began. 

We are in love with both of our little girls, and transitioning as best we can (my mom has been a huge help and we are sad to see her go tomorrow).  Harper LOVES her little sister and wants to hold her all of the time, and gets mad when we take her away. 

Sawyer Belle... Already being stubborn and doing things in her own terms.

Still a bit in shock that she's here... found out later that the cord was wrapped around her neck 3 times and that she was sunny-side up.

Harper Willow meeting her baby sister, she wasn't so sure at first, but she warmed up.

The board... I don't know why I took a picture, but why not?

Being a newborn is obviously hard work... there's all that eating, and sleeping, and poo-ing.

2 comments:

  1. So wonderful! I can't wait to meet her...and seriously you can't be the least tough person ever. You just can't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lonnie, I'm very happy for you. I know it's been a long time but I wanted to say congrats! :) I would love to catch up sometime if willing to forgive me for taking so long to come around - I feel like I still have a lot I can relate to you about and miss you as a friend. Won't get all sappy on here but would love to hear from you, Cheryl

    ReplyDelete