Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Love at first site

About a year and a half after I moved here, I was a bit lonely, I was working from home, I didn't really have any friends... so I decided it was time for me to find "the one".  And like a lot of people do now a days... I went online.  I read so many profiles and looked at so many photos, but the second I saw his, I just new, he was the one that I wanted, it was love at first site.  His big beautiful eyes, that handsome face, his luscious brown hair, I was done.  Ryan however was not quite sure if he wanted to bring another man into our home, even if he was obviously the cutest dog that ever existed.  So I printed out the picture, and I put it on the fridge when I wasn't following Ryan around the house with it, reciting the puppy profile that I had memorized off of the dog adoption site.  But Ryan was also weakened by that adorable puppy face, and we adopted Grizzly, aka Grizeria, aka the Griz, aka Grizzy-butt in October, 2007, he was 6 months old.

And then... I tried to return him a week later, why you ask?  Because he was CRAZY!  Griz is an Australian cattle dog mix, and I did not like being herded down the hall, or pulled or barked at, or mouthed, but we decided to try a Positive Training course, (Griz and I were put in the corner the very first class because he was so crazy) and we persevered, we even got the most perseverance award at end of class and we kept Griz.  I'm so glad we did.  He is more that just my dog, he watches over our house, our kids, and us. He is my jogging partner, my snuggle buddy, my best friend.  He even knew before I did when I was in labor, of course now when he acts all weird and clingy, I start freaking out and thinking I'm in labor again... which is crazy, because I'm not pregnant. 

I couldn't imagine not having him here.  Even though he has no puppy manners, is kinda moody and has serious social issues, I wouldn't trade him for the best behaved dog on the planet. 

Happy 5 years Griz!  We love you like crazy!  Now I'm going to go find you and snuggle with your face.


This was the day we got Griz... So handsome

He acts like he doesn't like Oscar... but secretly he loves him


This was taken the we finished puppy training, notice the star on his head?

Best Friends!

He loves Kenzie and Kennedy... also he is a big baby
I took this yesterday on our jog, it is our favorite thing to do!


No comments:

Post a Comment