Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Oh those Baker Babies!

Alright... sorry it took me so long but it's time for a Baker baby update!!  If you don't remember them, check out my previous post here!  I pre-apologize for the length of this one...

It happened a week and a half ago around 4 am on Thursday morning, the long awaited text that was 10 years in the making... Misty Baker was about to have a csection and the first 2 of 4 babies were coming into the world!!  So I tried to wake up Ryan, it took me awhile, I was so frustrated he wouldn't wake up when he finally did, I just yelled csection.  He thought I needed a csection, he was confused, anywho... Connor and Hope were both healthy and 5 lb 3 oz and 5 lb 9 oz.

After waiting an excruciating whole day, I got a quick glimpse at them while delivering Misty's post-prego food craving, a Top Pot Bavarian Cream Doughnut (mine was Salami, I don't know why, but Natasha came through as usual!) Any who, Natasha and I got a real visit that night and got to hold and feed the babies, while we were there we learned that the final 2 had also been born!!  Madison and Victoria were born in Indiana, unfortunately, Amber (Brian and Misty's amazing friend and surrogate) had a tough time, but she is now healing and on the mend!  (random side note, I met Brian and Misty 14 years ago in the hospital going to see Eric and Cherie while they were having MacKenzie, and who did I see in the hospital on my way to see the Bakers?  The Robbins of course... its the circle of life... not really but the circle of maternity wards sounds weird)

Woo okay, where are we?  Oh yes, alright so all 4 babies are in the world, but I know what you are thinking... How are they gonna get those two Indiana babies to Seattle?  (EVERYONE was wondering this one) Well you see Brian (aka BFF, aka BBmac) flew out to Indiana on Sunday (same day Misty got discharged)  Misty's mom and dad are staying with them to help out this summer.  And he flew back with the babies (and mom and SIL) on Thursday.

Anywho, I got the privilege of going over on Tuesday and Wednesday to hang up the decor in the nursery so it would be good to go for when Madison and Victoria got in on Thursday.  I had to call in reinforcements in the form of Natasha because... well it was a big job. While I was there I couldn't help but notice the joy and contentment that was emanating from Misty, the first time she said "my daughter" I just about lost it and cried like... well a baby.

Anywho Brian and the babies arrived on Thursday and the whole Baker family is finally together and now they can get settled with their amazing and large new family.  We could not be more happy for you guys and no one deserves it more, we love all 6 of you!

Here's a link to a story done in Indiana


Hope and Connor


The happy family!

Misty and her Top Pot!

Connor

Hope


No comments:

Post a Comment