Friday, June 22, 2012

Breaking up is hard to do

Now I know, I know that it's true.  No, I'm not leaving Ryan King to run away to the tropics with a french pastry chef named Pierre.  Ryan King is a keeper, even if he isn't a Sweet Genius.  I am referring to the ending of our love affair with the pacifier.  I have been a part of some unpleasant breakups in my day (mainly due to the over-emotional and insecure teen/college years, which I'm sure I will deal with when Mr. King gets fed up with my craziness and sends me to a mental health professional)... what was I talking about?  Oh yes, how this is the most horrid break-up ever, because it makes my cute lil toddler so so sad.  We limited the bink to just her crib when she turned one, now with so many changes coming to her sleeping situation, we decided to cut the pacifier out first, so gets used to it and we don't have to do it when she has a roommate (Sawyer) to wake up.  After she gets used to all that, its time for a big girl bed.  Oi vey! Poor kid.

This first step has not gone too smoothly so far.  A couple of weeks ago, Ryan decided to just not give it to her, OF COURSE he decided to do it on a night when he was leaving.  So after about an hour of increasingly loud crying/screaming, I broke down and gave it to her, like many break-ups we were having issues letting go, and got back together for a bit.  But this is it! We mean it this time! Of course, now the only way she will go to sleep is being soothed, sung to, and rocked by daddy, which means no naps, because that is way to tricky for me to do by myself when a baby is being overly dramatic about her hunger. 

Wish us luck!

Harper Willow with her bink when she was so so little

Random picture of Sawyer Belle... because I can

No comments:

Post a Comment