Sunday, December 4, 2011

What's in a name...?

"Would a rose by any other name smell as sweet?"  I get the sentiment old Bill was going for, but I disagree.  I mean, would you want to be sniffin something named fungal-regurgitated-fecies? Umm... no, also, I hope that's not a thing, because that would be nasty.  Ryan and I have always had this weird obsession with names, and we could not choose a name for baby girl #2, I would like to blame the Beckhams.  See, we had Harper Willow chosen long before we even knew that we were having a girl the first time.  At the time, it was not popular, but then, I'm just assuming this conversation happened...

"Hallo Davey, Blimey! We need to choose a name for our girl, and it has to be ace, since we are obviously stylish and cool"

"Well Vics, I do recall a jolly couple in Seattle, who by golly named their overly beautiful daughter Harper, and I do think that name is just bloody smashing"

"Buggers and Blast! I fancy that name!"

"Cheerio! Pip to! We shall be like the Kings and name our darling daughter Harper... Harper Beckham"

Darn you Beckhams for making our name so gosh darn popular, I do not blame Neil Patrick Harris... because I like him, oh Doogie.

Anywho, after much deliberation, we have decided upon a name for our second daughter.

Drum role please....

Sawyer Belle (coming March 2012)

1 comment: