Monday, October 17, 2011

"I Like Big Poos"

Before Harper was born, Ryan and I vowed to not use baby talk.  We were going to just use normal words in a normal voice... well that was a big fat lie.  The second she came out, there was a whole new language in our house.  When she gets "ty-tys", she obviously needs to go "nigh-nighs".  She gets "num-nums" when she gets "hungers", not to be confused with mum-mums... which is actually a baby snack which seems to be our savior at times.  Ryan also seems to think "acky" needs to be in our language dictionary as well.

And these are just the made up words, don't forget the things you say all the time that you didn't used to that much.  The words "pee" and "poo" are just as frequent in our house as "it" and "and".  Now is when we get to the "I Like Big Poos" title...  Those of you who are Friends fans, will remember when Rachel and Ross were trying to get their baby to laugh and the only thing that worked was "Baby Got Back".  Well, when Harper was little and hated having her diaper changed, I remembered this, and if you were in my fifth grade class at Monroe Elementary, you also probably have much of that song memorized.  Since the lyrics are a bit dirty... I changed them up to something I felt a bit more appropriate for diaper changing... it goes a little like this...


"I like big poos and I can not lie...
You udder mudders can't deny,
When a babe walks in with an itty bitty waist
And a stinky in your face you're like Ewww...

Oh baby I wanna get a diaper and change that booty!"


That's all I have... I repeat until Harper is secure in a clean diaper.  She also has a little dance that goes with this song. You are free to use my little song for your own needs, just remember, being a whitey white girl from a small farm town in central Iowa, I obviously have mad natural rapping abilities, so you may not sound quite as awesome as I do. (I'm assuming you are sensing my sarcasm)

You do what you gotta do to make your children smile, and save yourself from chasing a nakey bum around the house before you can get that clean diaper on.

For those of you who come just for the adorable photos of my child... here is what she looks like this Monday morning...

Notice the mum-mum...

No comments:

Post a Comment