Wednesday, October 19, 2011

How do you do Baby #2?

Yesterday I had my 17.5 week appointment, I'm pretty sure its supposed to be 16 week appointment, but I'm a smidge behind.  Anywho, for the first time ever, someone cheered at my weight gain... yay! My first trimester was so yucky I lost some weight, but we have rounded a corner...ish!

Anyways, everything is checking out fine, my blood pressure is fabulous, so far so good on that whole pre-eclampsia thing that happened last time.  But most importantly, baby is doing good, heart-rate is 150, measuring at 18 weeks, have felt some movement... all in all pretty good check up.

Although we are sad that Dr. Shumate who was our Dr. when I was prego with Harper and delivered her has moved to Oregon to be closer to family after having twins, we LOVE our new Doctor, Dr. Wells.  I chose her because her picture looked she was the most nurturing and nicest.  She is older and has grandkids, and we love her.  Also I love my nurse, I feel super comfortable with them both, even if I had to get a flu shot.

On the sex front... still don't know if it is a boy or girl, we will find out on November 15th.  I am at peace with either way, the first girl turned out pretty good, but one of each could be nice.  I got to spend some time with adorable Beckett Pennebaker last night, I'd say it went well, we bonded, we shared water.

In my heart, it is a boy, but in my heart, Harper was also a boy, so I'm pretty good at guessing.  We only have a boy name, Ryan can't land on a girl one because he loves the name Harper so much... two Harpers just wouldn't work.  So.... Guesses are welcome, we will know in less than a month!

What HW looks like on this Wednesday morning... yes she is a happy morning baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment