Tuesday, December 31, 2013

It's a….

With the sad things happening lately, I'm pretty excited for a happy post! And even more excited to announce that It's a GIRL! WHAT?! Yeah, you read that right, we are having a baby! And by having, I mean getting, and by baby, I mean puppy. (Had you going for a second didn't I?  We aren't THAT crazy)

For about a month after the Big Bad happened with Griz, I didn't want anything to do with other dogs, (other than Oscar of course) I didn't want to see them, hear about them, be near them.  I wasn't even sure I wanted another dog ever again because I didn't want to go through losing them again.  That didn't last long, it just switched one day and I wanted to be near ALL dogs, and I wanted to take every single one home.

We decided perhaps in the spring we would get a puppy, and decided we wanted a Labrador/Golden Retriever mix.  So I started looking for a breeder (because I'm crazy and was not blessed with patience) but couldn't find one, we got some $$ for Christmas and decided to save it for when we found the right dog.  Then my grandpa passed… and to think of something else I became OBSESSED.  Then on Sunday I found listing in Oregon for half English Golden Retriever and half Lab (English goldens are whiter and have a blockier head), I showed the pics to Ryan King and he was like DONE! He really wanted a girl (I was a little iffy about it, because I've always had boys, but whatevs PUPPY!!!)

Anywho, to make a long story just a smidge shorter, the last weekend of January we will be roadtrippin to Oregon to pick up our little Bailey! We are super excited (you can't tell can you, I mean its not like I've already ordered dog tags, obviously Oscar needed a matching one, or anything…)

We are ready for the difficulties and trials of having a puppy (house training in the rain in February? BRING IT ON!) But we are also ready for the love and excitement and cuddles.  We still miss our Griz so much, but we also know we are a 2 dog kind of family. Perhaps someday we will rescue a dog again, but right now, we just need to start fresh with a puppy, and we are! EEK! PUPPY!



Little Bailey, go ahead, adore her… you know you want to.

This is a random picture of Oscar when he was a puppy, why you ask?
Why not? I mean look at him, you can't get much cuter.

Sawyer loves ALL dogs, and has zero dog fear, even of my brother's giagantasouras dog (what? its a word) Also, I super love Kona and we are best friends, especially since Kennedy and I took him on a Christmas jog… he only pulled me the first few blocks, so yay!
Also Sawyer will not be able to fit in Oscars kennel much longer, so it will be good we are getting a bigger one for Bailey, just kidding... she did this to herself, she actually usually only crawls in when Oscar is in there and she misses him, I have no idea why she is in and he is out here, they are weird.
But they also love each other lots and snuggle all the time, the girls are also super excited for Bailey and keep asking to see her picture.  Well Sawyer just says "PUPPY!!" but, I'm just assuming that's happy excitement.



I don't have any good recent pics of Harper with dogs… so please enjoy this randomness of HW in her ballet outfit
(her first ballet/tap class is Monday and we were testing out the cuteness… cutest little ballerina ever?  Probably)

No comments:

Post a Comment