Sunday, September 25, 2011

Harry Potter and the Burgeoning Kings

Before I start... no, there is not a new Harry Potter movie, so if you can continue on through your great sadness and heartache, I would suggest doing so, as there is some King sized news in this blog (see what I did there? King Sized?).

It seems that some major relationship events have coordinated with Harry Potter events, starting with our first date, in which Ryan took me to a driving range and book store (best first date ever by the way, it could have been who I was with, he's pretty good too), any who, he was just plain shocked to learn I had never read Harry Potter.  So he bought me the first book, which we still have, though much used by now.

The rest of our courtship/engagement he got me caught up on the 4 movies that were out and the 6 books.  Then, about a week before our wedding, the 5th Harry Potter movie came out, and Ryan took me to my first midnight movie (and I fell asleep). Then the final Harry Potter book came out when we were in Cancun on our honeymoon, we spent many hours looking for English versions at the mall (even though we had already paid for 2 at our local bookstore), and found none, but we did go to the 5th movie again, luckily it was in English with Spanish subtitles. 

Then on our 2nd Anniversary, we spent it at the midnight showing of the 6th Harry Potter movie with the Pennebakers.  Our first date after Harper was born, was to the first part of the 7th movie... which brings us up to the final installment of Harry Potter... and our King Sized news...

Ryan could not wait any longer, so he found sitters for Harper (hello Mears) and dragged me to Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows... Part 2. Now, I am not saying that I didn't want to see it, I did, but I was quite distracted, because deep down, I was pretty sure I was prego, and I wasn't sure I was ready for that.  Sooo.. I sat through the movie, and even though Ryan thought I was crazy, we stopped and picked up a test... which was positive, but only slightly, so we took another, and then I couldn't sleep so I went back and picked up two more... it took 4 tests and a Dr. to tell us yes, we are indeed going to have another baby.  So what I'm trying to say is the Kings are pregnant again!

Biiig Sister
To sum it all up...

Harry Potter... Magical
Harper... going to be a big sister
Due Date... March 24 (ish)
Lonnie... really happy to be in second trimester because she was overly sicko for the last couple of months
Ryan... excited about baby, not about Lonnie's random late night impossible to find cravings.

No comments:

Post a Comment